Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thwarted!

We were suppose to go to Arkansas for spring break to visit my sister. Robert arranged to give a talk at the University of Arkansas while we were there.
Then the check engine light in the van came on. Not the one that means you need an oil change, the one that means it's something with the transmission.
The van is driving fine, but Robert didn't want to end up stranded somewhere in Alabama, so we canceled our trip. Robert still had to give his talk, so he rented a car and took the girls out for a quick trip. The girls got to hang out with my sister (I was totally jealous, but so excited for them) while Robert gave his talk.
While he was gone with the girls, the boys and I got to play some too.
There was a member event at the botanical gardens in Atlanta.Their latest seasonal display has been their "200,000 watt power" - talking about all the bulb that had been planted and were now in bloom.
They were beautiful!
Since the event was in the evening and the Children's Gardens closed at dusk - we went there first.
Until the boys were done.
It takes a while for them to be "done" in the Children's Gardens.Along with the bulbs, there was a new Orchids display arranged.
We loved walking around the gardens, which are beautiful any time of year.
They had all these figures and shapes around the gardens that had flowers growing out of them.
Below is the gardening lady in the Edible Gardens, with her flower dress.
The dogwoods are in full bloom as well.
On the way out to the car I realized I had brought my two boys to the botanical gardens and asked Jake how he liked going. He said he loved it and had a lot of fun.
I love the gardens in the spring!

No comments: