Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Big Day!

Robert had a birthday yesterday.
We won't say how old he is, but we celebrated the day before:When Robert's sister was visiting with her family a couple of months ago she made a Texas Sheet Cake (the best ever!) - it has become a favorite and what I made for his birthday.
We had wings, and chips and dip, and salsa and queso (which turned out to be his best batch yet!), and all the other foods Robert likes best.
Earlier in the day I had brought down Robert's gifts, wrapped. Logan began shaking them to guess what they might be (he got three of them right, but I didn't tell him he had guessed them).
As soon as Robert got home Logan told him what he thought the gift were and which one he should open first.
After I got a Lego game for my birthday the boys had been telling Robert that he needed too get Legos too.
They loved the Atlantis set Robert got and have claimed it as their own.
Logan had been with me at the store when I got it and so I had hid the Lego set in a bag and had the check out lady scan it, keeping it in the bag. She started asking if someone was having a birthday (which confused Logan) and I explained to her that it was my husband's birthday and since we really don't want/need much, we thought it would be fun to get something the kids would like seeing unwrapped. She looked at me funny. I think it's great and the kids get really excited for our birthdays as well.
Logan asked whose birthday was next. I told him Alyssa's, but she's not getting Legos!

Happy Birthday, Robert! We love you!

No comments: