Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Day

With the threat of snow, school got let out early on Tuesday. 
Atlanta did get hit harder, especially with all the traffic and population there and in the surrounding area, but we missed the "big snow." 
Both Robert and I grew up where there was always snow in the winter and sometimes the response to snow seems a bit silly to us, but when people aren't use to the white stuff or have the winter gear to deal with it, you can't be too cautious.
With our inch of snow and hard freeze, school was canceled Wednesday, letting us have a day of fun and relaxing.
Alyssa went out from a chilly run.
 The boys played in the flurries Tuesday and the snow on Wednesday.
I missed taking pictures of them sledding up the hill at a neighbor's house. 
 There was enough snow for a little sledding, a bit of a snow angel, 
snowballs, fun on the trampoline,
and Logan's wish for enough snow to build "Olaf" from Frozen,
before he got his nose.
 I love walking through the woods, it is always so peaceful. You are immediately away from the world and noise. 
Snow makes it even more peaceful and beautiful. 
 We spent time warming up inside, drinking hot chocolate, and watching movies.
UGA was closed as well, so Robert got to spend the day at home with us too.

1 comment:

Rachel Mix said...

Looks so fun! I love Logan's Olaf! Frozen is our family's favorite movie; we'll have to watch it next time we get together. :)