Around May I start wondering way the garden isn't ripening, and I realize it's only May.
Now that June is here we're getting something ripe here and there.
Our snap peas have been struggling the last couple of years, even with trying different parts of the garden, but the ones that come are still delicious.
Below is a picture of the blueberry bushes at the bottom of the garden. We had a great harvest last year and this year they are loaded again!
I started seeing come color a couple of weeks ago, and today
I ate the first blueberry of the season!
We don't plant too much, just what we love to eat - basil, cucumbers, peppers (behind me when I was taking the picture) - we've gotten a bunch of jalapeños - Robert wants to try making some chutney this year, and we have
lots of tomatoes (there are always a few varieties and I try to space out the plantings/ripening time so we can harvest throughout the season and beyond!
We have some medium size tomato plants that are full and just waiting to turn red!
I love planting cherry tomatoes (goldens and chocolates this year) - no need to slice, just pop them in your mouth.
This golden cherry got popped in my mouth right after taking this picture. These have been the first to ripen, but ripening one at a time means whoever sees it first gets it (Natalie is usually the one to pick them off!).
The raspberry starts that we planted a few months ago (catch the blog post here) have been growing . . .
and are starting to flower!!
I can't wait to start harvesting the garden by the bowl fulls!
No comments:
Post a Comment