Friday, June 13, 2014

Well, Hello! Welcome Back!

The boys had friends over today and we took our first dip in the river. I didn't think I'd need the camera, the water was still a bit chilly and the sandbar in the middle of the river wasn't exposed yet, so I didn't know how long the boys would last. 
They had a blast - floating, swimming, and finding and playing with sticks in the water.
It was a fun glimpse for me into the rest of our days to come at the river.
When we came back, I had sprayed off the older boys and turned around to see a black snake looking at me near the bottom of the deck stairs.
It totally startled me and I took a step back!
By the time I got the camera, it had climbed into the magnolia trees that we have along the side of the deck. I was surprised how quickly it climbed up and across the trees.
If you click on the picture above, or look closely, you can see red arrows I put on the photo to show the head and tail of the snake. Although it was skinny, it was still a good size.
I know this is a "good" snake, but for me, it's a little too close to the house.

No comments: