
Happy Birthday to me!
Last Sunday (21st) was my birthday. I will say that I turned 36!
Birthdays never really bother me, but I wasn't really getting excited about this one as it approached. All I could think about was I'm heading on to 40!
Honesty, I still feel abut 28, so I guess that is good. It is usually my children getting older that reminds me that I'm getting older as well.
But as it was my birthday I used it as an excuse to bake! I love to bake, but need a chance to share the calories (these desserts were loaded!). I guess anyone would say that a Wednesday is a great reason to bake and share calories, if they're invited.
I remember living in our apartment in Houston was great. I could bake cookies and other yummies all the time and there were multiple families we were good friends with that lived in our complex who got to share the calories - often!
But I digress off my birthday - still not the favorite topic of conversation.
I baked over the course of Saturday and Sunday and had some friends over Sunday evening to help eat my birthday desserts.
I made a traditional cake, so we could put a candle in and the kids would have something "normal" - buttermilk chocolate cake, a creme brulee pie, a margarita pie (no alcohol of course) - a limeade based filling with pretzel crust, and carmelitos.
Last Sunday (21st) was my birthday. I will say that I turned 36!
Birthdays never really bother me, but I wasn't really getting excited about this one as it approached. All I could think about was I'm heading on to 40!
Honesty, I still feel abut 28, so I guess that is good. It is usually my children getting older that reminds me that I'm getting older as well.
But as it was my birthday I used it as an excuse to bake! I love to bake, but need a chance to share the calories (these desserts were loaded!). I guess anyone would say that a Wednesday is a great reason to bake and share calories, if they're invited.
I remember living in our apartment in Houston was great. I could bake cookies and other yummies all the time and there were multiple families we were good friends with that lived in our complex who got to share the calories - often!
But I digress off my birthday - still not the favorite topic of conversation.
I baked over the course of Saturday and Sunday and had some friends over Sunday evening to help eat my birthday desserts.
I made a traditional cake, so we could put a candle in and the kids would have something "normal" - buttermilk chocolate cake, a creme brulee pie, a margarita pie (no alcohol of course) - a limeade based filling with pretzel crust, and carmelitos.

Logan, who was a bit nervous about birthday singing at his birthday party, enjoy singing for me and tried to help blow out the candle but Jake beat him to it (he didn't want to blow out his candle after he was sung to - see post 8/14).

In the week leading up to my birthday, I was thinking about how it had been 18 years since I graduated from High School at age 18. A cool even division in two parts of my life: growing up and finishing HS and then college, getting married, etc. As I thought of where I have been and where I am now, I realized how grateful I am for my life. I have no regrets and love where I am and everything that has gotten me here. I have a great husband, wonderful children that I've been fortunate to be an at-home mom for, I love my house and living in Georgia, and am excited for what the next 36 years (you know, doubling from now) will bring.
OK, way to much sentiment - I must be getting old!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday. 36 is nothing--not even CLOSE to 40! :)
Happy Be-lated birthday!! If you ask me you still look around 28, so no one is going to believe you're 36 (not that 36 is even old =). I hope it was great. And boy do I remember being one of the beneficiaries of your great cooking in Houston! =)
Post a Comment