OK, I know that is the most boring title for a blog post ever, but I couldn't think of anything else - I think that means I need to take a nap today and get my brain functioning better!
Anyway, Natalie had a project on Greece to do for the unit they had been working on at school.
She decided to dress up!
After getting some accessories and material, trying to trouble shoot my broken sewing machine, using my friend's sewing machine and having Natalie cut down the generic leaf garland to look like olive leaves . . . we still had to figure out how to get stick straight blond hair to look like those pictures of ancient Greek women. After some initial ideas, that did NOT work once we tried it on the actual hair, we ended up with this . . . I think it turned out quite well, especially considering my great lack of hair styling ability! (the pictures were also taken after school, the hair was a bit more put together at the beginning of the day)
She thought it was great and now we have a Halloween costume as well. Bonus!
Anyway, Natalie had a project on Greece to do for the unit they had been working on at school.She decided to dress up!
After getting some accessories and material, trying to trouble shoot my broken sewing machine, using my friend's sewing machine and having Natalie cut down the generic leaf garland to look like olive leaves . . . we still had to figure out how to get stick straight blond hair to look like those pictures of ancient Greek women. After some initial ideas, that did NOT work once we tried it on the actual hair, we ended up with this . . . I think it turned out quite well, especially considering my great lack of hair styling ability! (the pictures were also taken after school, the hair was a bit more put together at the beginning of the day)
She thought it was great and now we have a Halloween costume as well. Bonus!

No comments:
Post a Comment