Thursday, October 30, 2008

Divided on Tuesday

This past Tuesday evening found the family split - some going to Alyssa's soccer game and some going to trunk-or-treat at church. So, I'll split this post:

TRUNK-OR-TREAT!


Robert took Natalie, the three friends she invited, and Jake to trunk-or-treat at church.
They had games set up all over the gym. Robert set up a race for candy in the corn game. With two buckets of feed corn (for deer feeders) they mixed in candy and the kids had to dig in and find it (five piece limit I believe).

There was face painting, donuts on a string, cupcake walk, bean bag toss and more. All the kids had a blast.


After game time, they had a costume parade and then went out to the parking lot for the trunk-or-treat and hot chocolate. They came home with so much candy I wondered why I had bought any to hand out on Friday! They have been nice enough to share with Alyssa and Logan and me, who were at the soccer game.

SEMI-FINALS!

Alyssa's team, after winning last Saturday, played in the semi-finals for her age group. It was a great, tight game and her team really played well - everyone. Unfortunately they lost 0-1. So, a season over, but a great season. Logan tried to stay warm by snuggling with me in my jacket. It was pretty chilly after the sun went down (the game started at 6pm) and, although I had gotten him to wear a long sleeve shirt (see post 10/22 "But it's cold"), he had no jacket and crocks with no socks. Honestly I still forget that it has started to get chilly after the sun goes down, or I would have brought a warmer jacket and blanket!

After the game last Saturday, the team met at Scoops for ice cream and trophies.

Alyssa had a great time this season with her team. She had a great coach and made a bunch of new friends and that's what it's all about!

Way to go Alyssa!