Yesterday was Robert's birthday. He wanted "good" pizza for his birthday dinner, which means his crust not my quick one I usually make. The "good" crust tastes best if it ferments overnight, but he told me he wanted pizza after I went to bed, so I made it in the morning and it got to ferment all day - still tastes really good!

He does the tossing and makes the "good" sauce, again not my quick can of tomato sauce with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, and they turned out beautifully. (I cleaned up the kitchen after, and if his shirt is any indication of what the kitchen looked like that was a good birthday present from me)

Without enough notice, he didn't decide on what birthday dessert he wanted me to bake, I bought a key lime pie (his favorite) to put the candle in. I would have baked him anything - you know I love to bake! (see my birthday post 9/25) But the pie was good and I'll just have to bake something else later. The kids got him goodie presents, by that I mean he gifts were: a gallon of chocolate milk (which we opened as a "day before" birthday present), a BIG bag of peanut M&Ms, grasshopper cookies, and the Monster Slim Jim! These were all chosen because they are his favorites and in hopes of being shared . . . he was a good dad and shared his presents (except the Slim Jim, much to Jake's dismay).

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Uncle Robert! We love you! Love, Seth, Adam and Morgan. P.S. Can we get your yummy pizza recipe? Wish we could have been to your awesome party!
The pizza looks delicious! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment