Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Chorus Concert


Alyssa is in the middle school chorus. Last night was her first concert. She did great and even had a part in one song playing the maracas.
Robert was out of town and missed it which also means I took the rest of the kids with me. We had to drop Alyssa off an hour early and Jake fell asleep on the way over. I was going to go shopping, but decided to just stay and wait. The concert was at the Mars Hill Baptist Church and they have a nice playground area in the back where the kids played until the concert started. I had brought a book to read.
The kids did great for the first half hour, which was when Alyssa's group was singing. They then played relatively quietly for the next half hour. As the chorus director was making some closing remarks and the 6th graders filed up to sing the traditional last song, the boys decided to start wrestling - in my lap! I filed them out and left Natalie to watch Alyssa sing.
We went home for brownie treats and right to bed.
All the chorus group were great and we look forward to the other concerts throughout the year.

No comments: