Sunday, October 12, 2008

Not Phazyme Fast!

It sure wasn't "Phazyme Fast", but we finally got some gas relief here in Georgia. After two hurricanes went through the Gulf of Mexico it seemed that Georgia suffered the longest and with some of the worst gas shortages and highest gas prices in the country. I knew that when the national news kept singling Georgia out, saying the state was suffering a gas shortage, things were bad. This last week the pipelines are finally at 100%, gas stations no longer have shortages and prices have been coming down. As recent as a week and a half ago we still had gas prices around $4.00/gal. We have dropped almost 70 cents in the last week and I saw gas prices at $3.39/gal coming home from church. I'm still jealous of my sister, in Arkansas, filling her tank at $2.85/gal this past week - maybe we'll get there soon. I was almost tempted to fill my tank when I saw prices at $3.59/gal - it has been SOOO long since we've seen them that low, but I thought, if they keep coming down, I'll wait a few more days. I'm glad I waited.

No comments: