I love that our small town has their 4th of July festivities on Saturday (when the 4th was on a Sunday). We woke up to cool temperatures and spent the morning downtown enjoying fun and free activities and food.
We got there right as they were as they were pouring
out the bubbles.
The kids loved making and popping the giant bubbles.
There were hula hoops and a competition was quickly underway.
They had a table where you could dress up in different hats and such. Here's Natalie's pick.
They had a bouncer with slide. The boys could have stayed on there the whole day.
We took a break to listen to the band while we ate cotton candy.
And we couldn't pass up the hayride.
We met some friends there and they invited us to join them and their family that afternoon for swimming, in their pool, and pizza for dinner.
It was so fun. And it was a good thing because I only had thought of pieces of dinner, but no real plan.
Sunday we ate our pieces of my dinner plan - corn on the cob, cantaloupe, cheese, and my attempt at a flag on top of jello - I was trying to be a bit festive. I really wanted an excuse to get raspberries, I miss raspberries.
I made a blueberry buckle to take to add to the homemade ice cream we were having that night while we watched fireworks at Larry and Dana's.
It turned out really good and homemade ice cream went with it perfectly.
We thought we were going over late enough that they would have finished dinner, but it ended up that they were just sitting down. They invited us to join them - I think we were all glad of that and got a bit more to eat.
Then it was dark enough to enjoy some sparklers
(Logan was braver this year).
And watch some fireworks (Logan still didn't like them and he and I were inside after the first few were set off).
We love living in this country and are particularly aware, as we celebrate our country's independence day, of all those men who worked and fought to free this country and those men and women who have and still continued to fight for us to maintain the freedoms we enjoy. May we never take for granted the sacrifice many have made and the blessing it is to live in this country.
We got there right as they were as they were pouring
out the bubbles.
The kids loved making and popping the giant bubbles.
There were hula hoops and a competition was quickly underway.
They had a table where you could dress up in different hats and such. Here's Natalie's pick.
They had a bouncer with slide. The boys could have stayed on there the whole day.
We took a break to listen to the band while we ate cotton candy.
And we couldn't pass up the hayride.
We met some friends there and they invited us to join them and their family that afternoon for swimming, in their pool, and pizza for dinner.It was so fun. And it was a good thing because I only had thought of pieces of dinner, but no real plan.
Sunday we ate our pieces of my dinner plan - corn on the cob, cantaloupe, cheese, and my attempt at a flag on top of jello - I was trying to be a bit festive. I really wanted an excuse to get raspberries, I miss raspberries.
I made a blueberry buckle to take to add to the homemade ice cream we were having that night while we watched fireworks at Larry and Dana's.
It turned out really good and homemade ice cream went with it perfectly.
We thought we were going over late enough that they would have finished dinner, but it ended up that they were just sitting down. They invited us to join them - I think we were all glad of that and got a bit more to eat.Then it was dark enough to enjoy some sparklers
(Logan was braver this year).
And watch some fireworks (Logan still didn't like them and he and I were inside after the first few were set off).We love living in this country and are particularly aware, as we celebrate our country's independence day, of all those men who worked and fought to free this country and those men and women who have and still continued to fight for us to maintain the freedoms we enjoy. May we never take for granted the sacrifice many have made and the blessing it is to live in this country.
No comments:
Post a Comment