Thursday, July 15, 2010

Restaurant Nite

Last week, Alyssa and her friend wanted to go to Mirko for lunch (a pasta place here in town). I laughed loudly, but then suggested that we make noodles and good sauce (from scratch with heavy cream, etc.) and a crusty french bread.
SO GOOD!

So started Restaurant Nite, every Thursday.
Tonight was Arby's night. I got some roast beef and buns, curly fries and rootbeer.
Alyssa found a recipe for Arby's sauce and made that as well.Another success! Everyone loved it!
Now plans are in the works for Logan's Roadhouse - including throwing our peanut shells on the floor (Alyssa has promised to sweep after), homemade mac and cheese and soft buttery rolls. Also on the list is Wendy's (who can pass up a chocolate shake with dinner), Barberitos, and Macaroni Grill (I love their penne rustica which I have a great recipe for).
Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Charis said...

I love reading your blog - even though I rarely comment. Just the other day I was telling Andy what a great mom you are and how are you are always doing such great things with you kids. This is another perfect example! Restaurant Night is a fabulous idea and I am sure you are all loving it.

the fowlers said...

I'm bad at commenting, too. You are so creative!

We used to always eat out when we were first married ... then we realized we could make it at home much cheaper and tastier. Cafe Rio is our eating-out-at-home. We make the big salads with the tortilla. I've done Chick-Fil-A, too. It worked pretty well. I love that it's a weekly thing for your family! Arby's - yum! I want to try that one.

Amber said...

We love to do restaurant style chinese food...like PF Chang's lettuce wraps and honey chicken or general chang's chicken with fried rice! It's our favorite!

Candy H said...

We often do Mexican, either Pappasito's, Ninfa's or Cafe Rio.
We take homemade ranch add 1/2 bunch of Cilantro and a few jalepenos from a jar and blend for the yummy green sauce.
We also do chicken and beef and guacamole.
Have fun cooking.