- but especially on Valentine's Day. It becomes displayed in every little thing.
We are not a huge holiday family with a household of decorations that change from holiday to holiday. But, we try and make the day special in whatever way my uncreative mind can think up (I'm glad my children are now old enough to put in suggestions and help me out with ideas).
Years ago, Robert started (and now I continue) the tradition of giving the girls (and now the boys) a little gift and a bit of chocolate on Valentine's Day. It awaits them in the morning by their breakfast plates.
This year, Jake - for the whole week before - couldn't wait for Valentine's Day knowing he would get a gift.
For the girls, Hershey Kiss lib balm and for the boys, Lego Ninjagos (yes, that spells love for the boys - and Logan spent the whole day playing with his new ninja and thanking and hugging Robert and I for the Valentine gift because we love him).
Natalie helped me come up with breakfast. Pink waffles with pink syrup and pink hot chocolate (coloring "Artic White" hot chocolate mix).
Some friends had asked Robert and I to join them and some other friends for dinner that night at a local restaurant. I got the kids their dinner before we left.
Heart shaped pizzas,
and Nutella lava cakes for dessert - delicious!
I know it was last Monday, but - Happy Valentine's Day!
We are not a huge holiday family with a household of decorations that change from holiday to holiday. But, we try and make the day special in whatever way my uncreative mind can think up (I'm glad my children are now old enough to put in suggestions and help me out with ideas).
Years ago, Robert started (and now I continue) the tradition of giving the girls (and now the boys) a little gift and a bit of chocolate on Valentine's Day. It awaits them in the morning by their breakfast plates.
This year, Jake - for the whole week before - couldn't wait for Valentine's Day knowing he would get a gift.
For the girls, Hershey Kiss lib balm and for the boys, Lego Ninjagos (yes, that spells love for the boys - and Logan spent the whole day playing with his new ninja and thanking and hugging Robert and I for the Valentine gift because we love him).Natalie helped me come up with breakfast. Pink waffles with pink syrup and pink hot chocolate (coloring "Artic White" hot chocolate mix).
Some friends had asked Robert and I to join them and some other friends for dinner that night at a local restaurant. I got the kids their dinner before we left.Heart shaped pizzas,
and Nutella lava cakes for dessert - delicious!
I know it was last Monday, but - Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
that looks like a fun breakfast!
i definitely have to get the recipe for nutella lava cakes. uh, yum!
Post a Comment