A good friend of mine asked me to join a quilting group, one where you make a different quilt block each month. Everyone in the group sends their block to the member who picked the pattern for the month and then they get to put together a quilt of blocks made from all the members of the group.
I love to cross-stitch and have basic machine sewing skills, but have never pieced together a quilt. A quilt to me has been, put two pieces of fabric together with some batting in the middle and tie yarn knots every 4 inches or so.
Last night I made my attempt at the "churn dash" which is this month's pattern.
It took a bit and a couple of seam ripping and redoing, but I'm glad to be learning a new skill and am looking forward to the next month.
My month will be April. I'll get to pick the pattern and have everyone send me their blocks for my quilt.
Putting that together will be a whole other experience. But, I'm determined that it will get finished.
I love to cross-stitch and have basic machine sewing skills, but have never pieced together a quilt. A quilt to me has been, put two pieces of fabric together with some batting in the middle and tie yarn knots every 4 inches or so.
Last night I made my attempt at the "churn dash" which is this month's pattern.
It took a bit and a couple of seam ripping and redoing, but I'm glad to be learning a new skill and am looking forward to the next month.My month will be April. I'll get to pick the pattern and have everyone send me their blocks for my quilt.
Putting that together will be a whole other experience. But, I'm determined that it will get finished.
1 comment:
It makes me so happy you're doing this with me!!! It makes me feel like I'm not really 9 hours away:) I love your square
Post a Comment