It was down to the wire, but we did finally color some eggs, as part of our rainy Saturday before Easter.
I buy my kits the year before, once they go on clearance. The kids enjoyed decorating.
Easter morning came, and while I always remind the kids, and make them repeat back, what Easter is really all about, there was an immediate search for baskets.
They were hidden really well this year, on a challenge from Logan.
At church, Alyssa, Jake, and I sang with the choir and we enjoyed lessons focused on the Savior.
We were invited to dinner and an egg hunt. I was asked to make dessert - and seeing as one of my favorite things to do is bake . . .
A lemon meringue pie (from scratch - instant pudding is not for pies! I don't care what it says on the box), and because Natalie does not like pie, a cake. Both were equally enjoyed.
Here are all the cousins ready to look for eggs (I don't know how many 2nd or 3rd, or removed, but we're related back there somewhere - it's so fun having family connections!).
And the hunt is on!
There was a little one hunting, so a lot were out in the open, but there were some challenging hiding places and we think they were all found. Isn't it fun, though, (or just funny depending on how much rain there's been) to find an egg months later!
We enjoyed our day together as a family and, while we reflect on Christ each Sunday, and each day!, Easter is a great time to truly reflect back and see how our personal relationship with Christ has strengthened over the past year.





No comments:
Post a Comment