After a rainy Monday at the museum, we spent a gorgeous Wednesday at Stone Mountain!
The weather was perfect - sunny and in the low 60s.
The hike up the mountain was our fastest yet (ok, for all those who live or have lived in large mountain ranges - Stone Mountain is really only a large exposed granite dome, but it's cool).
Logan's friend was joined us and it was so much fun having him there.
It's nice when it's not so hot and everyone is a little older and no one needs to be carried.
We made it to the top in just 1/2 hour and Natalie, Logan, and Logan's friend got their certificate for climbing to the top (the rest of us already have at least one, but it's always fun to get another).
With the rain from Monday, there were pools all over the rocks on the hike up and at the top.
I got the following rare shot of just our group on the mountain (there are usually multiple groups around). I had just put away the camera and was quickly trying to get it out and a shot taken before everyone dropped from sight. Jake's head is still in the picture. I was far away and with the wind blowing toward me, there was no way I could call to them to stop and turn around, so this is the best I could do.
We made it down right in time for lunch, driving around to the mill with the water wheel for our picnic. Natalie's apple had a yellow patch that looked like a leaf!
Have I mentioned what a beautiful day it was?!
The kids liked running around
and playing a bit in the water.
Natalie is always ready to have even more fun!
After lunch and playing around the mill, we walked over to the covered bridge.
On the way we saw a turtle sunning itself and thought it was funny how it had its legs all stretched out.
We walked along the bridge,
and the kids raced back and forth.
I needed to get in at least some pictures.
Jake's photobombing the girls and I made for an even better picture - I love it!
We all had a fabulous time, enjoying a wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment