As March came around, so did the middle school's 5K. Last year's race marked the first time Alyssa ran a 5K - any race for that matter. And she loved it!
She hadn't trained for this one like the last two, but when we got there she found a friend to run with.
They had really cool Dri-fit long sleeve t-shirts this year (I wish I would have run, so I could have gotten one). Even Natalie said she should have signed up for the 1 mile.
They had great food for after the run as well - cake, cookies, Chick-fil-A nuggets, pizza, water and yes, apples and bananas.
Is it bad to run for the shirt and food?
Here is Alyssa coming in.
Not her best time, but she enjoyed it, felt good at the end, and her legs didn't bother her (she had been really sore after soccer practice the week before and she was worried about even running the 5k).
Way to go Alyssa!
Next time Natalie and I will join you.
They had really cool Dri-fit long sleeve t-shirts this year (I wish I would have run, so I could have gotten one). Even Natalie said she should have signed up for the 1 mile.They had great food for after the run as well - cake, cookies, Chick-fil-A nuggets, pizza, water and yes, apples and bananas.
Is it bad to run for the shirt and food?
Here is Alyssa coming in.
Not her best time, but she enjoyed it, felt good at the end, and her legs didn't bother her (she had been really sore after soccer practice the week before and she was worried about even running the 5k).
Way to go Alyssa!Next time Natalie and I will join you.
3 comments:
I have no idea why the timer says 35 minutes! On the other side, it said 34:09 when I passed through, and my friend's said her's was 34:10!!!
aLySsA
I have no idea why the timer says 35 minutes! On the other side, it said 34:09 when I passed through, and my friend's said her's was 34:10!!!
aLySsA
oops! why did it do that twice?
Post a Comment