In a spot of desolate ground by the path into the woods, our first signs of spring appear in the form of daffodils.
And we spend any beautiful day we're given working out in the yard and in the garden.All winter we - meaning Robert and the mouse in his pocket - have been tending to the compost bin: watering it, turning it, and adding to it.
Robert has already unloaded the fist batch into the garden. It is mighty beautiful dirt and the second batch of compost has begun.
Today we - this time Robert and I - put the deer netting (and Izzy deterrent) around the garden area. You can't even see it in the pictures below - it's pretty sneaky. We were thinking of putting some colored yarn or something on it so you could see it.
Robert got some raised bed forms and while the girls and I were in Savannah he planted some onions and lettuce and made a trellis for the peas. Our lettuce is coming up and we're hoping to see some peas as we get a few warmer days.

1 comment:
I must say I'm a little jealous that you have flowers already- and have planted your garden. We can't even find our garden plot yet because it's still covered in snow. Although, I did see a patch of grass today :)
Post a Comment