Monday, March 29, 2010

Jumping for Joy

In looking for ways to keep the kids active and outside now that the weather is beautiful, we decided to buy a trampoline.
Robert took Jake and Alyssa to get it after soccer practice and I told Logan dad was bring a surprise home for him.
Setting it up reminded us of Christmas Eve, not the excited anticipation, although that was there, but the "how do you put this together," "do we have all the parts," "what do the instructions say again," "is this the same as the picture," and "this is taking a lot longer than I thought."
Completing it after it got dark, we let the kids jump on it for a bit before going to bed.
The safety enclosure we put on the next day and realized, as we had to slip it through all the springs - meaning they all had to be taken off of one side, that we should have put it on last night as we were doing the main part! oh well.
But, objective obtained!
The kids jump on it every spare minute! Including in the rain and only came in when their hands ached with cold. The first thing Logan asked for the next morning was to jump on the trampoline.
The boys are amazed that Robert and I can do flips, and Logan has gotten a lot better at staying upright when others are jumping around him.
Say you're going to jump on the trampoline and Logan is out the door with you.
I had to chuckle to myself as Robert laid out the rules, they were the same rules my parents gave us . . . that didn't last too long. But, I also was chuckling at myself because, as a parent, of course those are the rules and they will be followed!
The boys have been wearing themselves out since we've gotten it. It has been well worth the money already!
And, the kids can't wait to sleep out on the trampoline when it gets a bit warmer.
I have a hard time calling them in for dinner or homework or bedtime when they are having so much fun together on the trampoline.

1 comment:

Jimmy & Amy said...

I would love to know what those rules were. I don't even remember the rules that mom and dad gave us! I can't wait to come and visit and jump on the trampoline