Monday, June 28, 2010

Honesty

So, I must confess a conversation that occurred when I was blogging the "Fashion Show" post.

Alyssa: mom, you're not blogging about the fashion show?! Natalie cried.
Me: I'm not blogging that part.
Robert: oh, so you only blog about all the happy things and make our family out to be perfect.
Me: the crying was for only a few minutes (Natalie had lost) after hours of happy play and together time.

There you have it, my family is not always happy and loving. My kids cry sometimes, when they lose or when I ask them to do something they don't like - like when I find "ghost prints" and I make Jake and Logan help wash walls (Jake usually cries and complains, but Logan loves helping).
The happy times definitely out weight in frequency and duration the less than happy times - so why post about the less than happy (although during those less than happy times I usually have to work hard to remind myself they aren't that bad, in the whole scheme of things).
Natalie did stop crying pretty quickly, after the fashion show, when I told her that the winner was to clean up (that meant Alyssa). It's all good.

We're normal.

1 comment:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Oh this is why we love the Becksteads!!!! Honesty but always looking at the positive:) Hope you're having a great summer!!!