Friday, June 11, 2010

When The Cat's Away . . .

Well the "cat" (Robert) is away playing, so I figured we should play a bit too.
Yesterday, I took the kids to the Lego store (minus Alyssa, she's away playing at Girls Camp this week). The kids earned money this week to spend at the Lego store by being nice to each other, helping when I asked, and not getting upset (if these things happened they lost money).
It wasn't as big as I expected, but cool nonetheless. They had life size figures made out of Legos.
Darth Vader is always a favorite.
They had sets on display and the kids loved looking around.
It was so hard to decide what to spend their money on. Jake and Logan each got a Boba Fett key chain (we took off the key chain part), but if you ask them about it, they'll call him Alex (don't ask me why). And, Jake finally went for the assortment in a tub. Natalie saved her money for the dollar store.
On the way home Jake started creating!
Today we spent some of the morning, with friends, at Sandy Creek Lake. It was a lot of fun. Logan stayed close to shore, initially, but soon became comfortable in the water - making me more uncomfortable, but the swim area doesn't get too deep and he did stay where it was shallow.
Jake liked testing out the skim board.
I thought I ended up with a well timed shot here - before he fell into the water.
It's great to have friends there who play in the water with you.
And throw you up in the air.
Now it's time to play some more!
-you can check out Robert playing by clicking on the "Costa Rica" link under my family list-

No comments: