Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Surprise

Because we were returning from our trip to MO on Father's Day and Robert was getting back from his trip late on Father's Day, I used the week before we left, but after Robert left to get his gifts ready.
The kids made him a Welcome Home and Happy Father's Day and decorated it with pictures of things he was doing while he was in Costa Rica - zip line, volcano, big leaves, etc.
We got him a new shovel and I made him a weighted blanket (Natalie helped).
He wanted a weighted blanket ever since Alyssa made one for Parker.
I ordered and hid the pellets and fabric so I'd be ready to sew it once he left.

We all piled in the van to pick him up and all piled out when the van he was in pulled into the parking lot - quite the scene.
Although we had Father's Day gifts for him, he had gifts for all of us.
The best gift of all was being all together again as a family.

I must add that in the chaos of getting him ready for his trip and Alyssa ready for girls camp and then having a few days to sew the blanket and get ready for our trip and then being gone, I missed sending out cards to my dad and Robert's dad. Anyone who knows me knows that this is NOT me!
So, a little late, but I want to send out Happy Father's Day wishes to two great men in my life and my family's life - Gary and Detlef. They mean the world to us and we love them dearly.

Happy Father's Day to all our great dads and all the other great dads out there!

No comments: