Thursday, August 14, 2008

Logan's Birthday #2


Thursday was Logan's birthday - he is now 2 years old!
In our family, the birthday person gets to pick out whatever dinner and cake they want for their birthday. We had macaroni and cheese, and apples on the side. I think Logan got his daily supply of fiber with how many apples he ate.
We invited over, our friends, the Ritzes for cake and ice cream. Logan adopted them as his second family soon after we moved here. It was great to have them over, especially for Jake, who is friends with Ryan - both started kindergarten this year and they have not had a chance to play together since school started.
We learned, from last year, that presents need to stay hidden until after the cake and ice cream (refer to post 8/15/07 "Logan's first birthday").
Logan was very excited to have his cake (I did pick it out, but I'm his mother and I know what he would have asked for). We all started to sing happy birthday and then he wasn't too sure about that whole signing tradition (watch his expression at the end of the video). He wouldn't even blow out the candles.


Once the trauma of being sung to was over and before we could get some serving of the cake going, Logan decided to enjoy some of the train's "cargo". He especially liked eating the animal crackers off of the "zoo" car.
I did get the ultimate compliment about the cake, from Logan. He looked at it and said "train!"
After cake, and with the help of his brother and sister, he opened his presents. He loved them all. He now has a few things that when he says "mine" he will be correct.










HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN, WE LOVE YOU!

Just one other note, now that it is behind him, Logan's favorite thing to do is watch the video (in loop) of everyone singing happy birthday to him - he even blows out the candles!

1 comment:

Susie Stark said...

Andrew says, "I want to go to Logan's house!!"

What a great party!