Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday Boy Again

Today we had Jake's friend party. It was so hard to keep guests to a number I could handle, especially with school friends added this year to the people Jake wanted to invite. He had a really hard time making his list - he always wants to include everyone!
The river has gotten lower and it was perfect for playing in. And, can you believe it, I had the camera in my pocket the whole time we were at the river and didn't take one shot!
After an hour in the water, we came back up for cake, ice cream, and gifts.
Jake wanted a Lego cake. With such bold frosting colors and red or blue Kool-Aid to drink, we checked to see how colored everyone's mouths got.I think Natalie was the winner - imagine that! :)
I love how excited Jake, and all of his friends, got when opening presents. It great to see such enjoyment out of little things.
Have a great year Jake! We love you!

1 comment:

Jen said...

How fun! Happy birthday to Jake! Loved the Lego cake. Did you make it? Very creative. Never would've thought of it. I know what you mean about keeping guests down to a number. Hard to do, especially if they're social and friends with about everyone! *Jeni* (PS. My blog went private, so if you want an invite, let me know by sending me your email at tinkledpink65@gmail.com) Oh and PSS. I've had fun being at the special temple dedication choir with Marjo!