Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Drive Time

We left Virginia for our long drive out to Missouri, to spend some time at my parents - Robert drove us out and then flew out the next day to go back home and back to work.
The kids did relatively well, seeing as this was a 17 1/2 hour drive and not the 9 hour drive they did great on when we drove from GA to VA.
There was some beautiful country in West Virginia - and that is all I'll say about that (ask me for specifics if you want, it was quite the state to drive through).
Closer to the end of our drive we went right by the arch in St. Louis.
We stopped overnight about an hour east of St. Louis and finished the drive the next day. Robert gets car sick if he isn't driving and turning around to help the kids out, so he has done all the driving since we've had kids. I'm glad he did the long drive out - I'll be doing the somewhat shorter one back to Georgia (12 hours from my sister's in Arkansas), by myself, next week. There will be plenty of bribery so I don't have too many distractions while driving.
We're not opposed to bribery when needed.

No comments: