The other day Natalie and Jake came upstairs arguing/crying. Jake had asked Natalie a question and had gotten frustrated at her not answering him (ie - he started repeating the question more loudly). Natalie got uspet that he was screaming at her and called him "liar, liar pants on fire," (Jake's story) which she, of course, denied.
It was at this point they came running to me. After getting the reason for the argument (Jake was wondering if mountains grew higher than the clouds. Natalie had finally said it was fog not clouds and Jake didn't like that answer because he was asking about clouds.), I asked Jake "you think Natalie knows everything, don't you?" He nodded his head yes. Ahh, the younger sibling being in awe of their older sister or brother
I laughed and laid down by Natalie (she had flopped on the bed). I whispered, "Natalie, Jake thinks you are such an amazing sister, that you know everything. EVERYTHING! He got frustrated at you not answering his question because he thinks that you know the answer and you're not telling him. He thinks you're amazing. AMAZING. Isn't that great?" She let this sink in and stopped crying. I told her that if ever he asked her a question she didn't know the answer to say "let's go ask mom to see if I'm right."
We talked about the question and how sometimes it is fog and sometime the clounds, which can move up and down, come down below the tops of the mountains.
Jake then told me that Natalie knows everything but one. I said that now that we talked about it, she does know that one too
- she's back to knowing everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment