Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blueberries!

We finally had some time to go pick blueberries!
We were going to go Monday night for FHE, but it just doesn't cool down that early. So, we got up early this morning to pick before the heat of the day. Natalie's friend, who was spending the day gave us an extra pair of hands.I've been wanting to go for two weeks and should have gone earlier. There were slimmer pickings, but still plenty for the taking. Usually there are just gobs all together, where now we had to look a bit harder for the ripe ones.It seemed to take forever to even fill one bucket, but when I check the time it had only been 1/2 hour. Time enough to pick a second bucket!There will definitely be another blueberry picking trip - can't miss the late season varieties. And, I need my year supply!
Our blueberry bushes need a few more years before they are producing well enough, until then we are happy to go to the berry farm!

No comments: