Today is Logan's birthday!!
We held the birthday celebration a couple of days ago (Wed.), since Robert went out of town this morning. Logan was so excited for his birthday - we'd been getting him excited since Sunday and by Wednesday he was knew that this time "Happy Birthday" meant him!
He sat by me as I decorated his cake, making sure I did it right, handing me the candies and eating leftovers.
When I came down with the presents, he wanted his party right then! I told him he had to wait until the kids came home from school and we had dinner.
When Logan heard the bus he said, "bus! birthday party!" I laughed and said not until AFTER dinner when dad was home. As soon as the kids walked in the door he ran around to show them the cake and presents. The same thing happened when Alyssa came home, and when Robert came in!
We went southern for dinner (I need to practice to I can get really good) - fried chicken, southern (so proper) baked mac&cheese, and buttermilk biscuits! Thank you Blue Willow Inn's Bible of Southern Cooking cookbook! Even Robert said we were spoiled with dinner, it was all so good! Once the table was cleared, it was time for cake - do you think Logan is happy?!
After singing Happy Birthday . . .
everyone picked the part of the cake they wanted - I could have had a mound of "dirt" (crushed chocolate teddy grahams) and Logan would have been happy!
Side note: his "meme" is his blanket, which is blue. Whenever he sees something blue, he calls it "blue meme". Like the candle he was saying he blew out, at the end of the video.
(Please ignore the pile of laundry in the background - I'm not that good at photoshop yet - but, hey, it's folded laundry!)
Then we opened presents, with siblings ALWAYS willing to help,
and cards from extended family.
When I asked him, earlier in the day, what he wanted for a present he said Thomas the Train. I hadn't gotten anything Thomas the Train, but then remembered a couple of DVDs I found at Goodwill, that I hadn't opened yet (love those finds). He opened those first and was so happy that he held onto them and opened the other gifts with one hand. With birthday money from grandparents, he bought another toy, that the day before he had cried for at the store. He was so excited to go back today and get it!
Happy Birthday, Logan!
He sat by me as I decorated his cake, making sure I did it right, handing me the candies and eating leftovers.
When I came down with the presents, he wanted his party right then! I told him he had to wait until the kids came home from school and we had dinner.When Logan heard the bus he said, "bus! birthday party!" I laughed and said not until AFTER dinner when dad was home. As soon as the kids walked in the door he ran around to show them the cake and presents. The same thing happened when Alyssa came home, and when Robert came in!
We went southern for dinner (I need to practice to I can get really good) - fried chicken, southern (so proper) baked mac&cheese, and buttermilk biscuits! Thank you Blue Willow Inn's Bible of Southern Cooking cookbook! Even Robert said we were spoiled with dinner, it was all so good! Once the table was cleared, it was time for cake - do you think Logan is happy?!
After singing Happy Birthday . . .everyone picked the part of the cake they wanted - I could have had a mound of "dirt" (crushed chocolate teddy grahams) and Logan would have been happy!
Side note: his "meme" is his blanket, which is blue. Whenever he sees something blue, he calls it "blue meme". Like the candle he was saying he blew out, at the end of the video.(Please ignore the pile of laundry in the background - I'm not that good at photoshop yet - but, hey, it's folded laundry!)
Then we opened presents, with siblings ALWAYS willing to help,
and cards from extended family.
When I asked him, earlier in the day, what he wanted for a present he said Thomas the Train. I hadn't gotten anything Thomas the Train, but then remembered a couple of DVDs I found at Goodwill, that I hadn't opened yet (love those finds). He opened those first and was so happy that he held onto them and opened the other gifts with one hand. With birthday money from grandparents, he bought another toy, that the day before he had cried for at the store. He was so excited to go back today and get it!
2 comments:
How fun...what a cool cake!
What a fun little party! Happy birthday Logan:) ps the cake is sooooo CREATIVE!
Post a Comment