Sunday, August 23, 2009

Success!

One of the recipes I got from my mother-in-law, when Robert and I got married, was for French Breakfast Puffs. While these are a favorite - a buttery, cinnamon and sugary muffiny favorite - they rarely turn out well for me. I always promised myself I would watch Lisa make them (hers are great) when she would visit, but never did - or forgot what the batter looked like.
I made them Saturday morning and they turned out the best yet! I had even made some in the mini muffin tin for little poppers ("poppers" are what Lisa's family calls them).
That night Robert and I went to a lab party and Robert decided to make Rainbow Jello. He put it together Friday night, and it turned out beautifully. Everyone thought I had made it, but no, it really was Robert. It was a huge hit and the kids were excited there was still some left over for them the next day.
He had made this in Utah for a lab party once (he was the only Mormon in the lab - in Utah, so bringing Jello was really funny) and his boss's son, who never liked Jello, couldn't get enough of it. When his dad said "I didn't think you liked Jello." He answered, "Well, I like it this way!"

2 comments:

Candy H said...

I think you better share that recipe, looks yummy!

Jen and Chad said...

Wow! Very impressive - both look delicious! Hope you are doing well Roslyn. It's fun to see pictures of your amazing family. Grant even found a picture of himself last year at Jacob's birthday party. We sure miss Georgia! You were so great to make sure we were doing okay through our transition of having a baby and moving across the country. My kids loved the toys you bought them for the airplane. Thanks for being so thoughtful. Enjoy Georgia for us!