We have been enjoying harvesting our tomatoes. Natalie (our tomato lover) is in heaven, ever since I told her she could eat tomatoes whenever she wants. When they first start ripening, one at a time, Robert is very protective of them (so he can eat them). Now we have a lot ripening all at once. I'll put a handful of cherry tomatoes in Natalie's lunch and she loves it.
We love planting a variety - cherry, goliaths, early girls, yellow pear (I was sad that my yellow pear wasn't a healthy plant and after only producing a few I had to pull it).
This is the first year planted a garden here and I've learned a lot.
So, while I won't be entering our tomatoes in any state fair - you still can't beat the taste of a fresh off the vine tomato.
Last night I made a favorite of mine growing up - toasted tomato and cheese open-face (a little mayo, tomato, and cheese and then you broil it).
It wasn't a favorite with everyone last night, but a little nostalgia made eating our garden tomatoes just that much better for me!
We have about 6 watermelons ripening - can't wait to cut into those!!
We love planting a variety - cherry, goliaths, early girls, yellow pear (I was sad that my yellow pear wasn't a healthy plant and after only producing a few I had to pull it).
This is the first year planted a garden here and I've learned a lot.So, while I won't be entering our tomatoes in any state fair - you still can't beat the taste of a fresh off the vine tomato.
Last night I made a favorite of mine growing up - toasted tomato and cheese open-face (a little mayo, tomato, and cheese and then you broil it).
It wasn't a favorite with everyone last night, but a little nostalgia made eating our garden tomatoes just that much better for me!We have about 6 watermelons ripening - can't wait to cut into those!!

1 comment:
It all looks so yummy! We just made those sandwiches the other day with our homegrown tomatoes too! It was a first for Jimmy, but he loved it!
Post a Comment