Sadly. I cleaned up most of my garden today.
With our longer warmer weather, I was hoping to be harvesting well into October.
We had a weird kind of garden this year - at least I thought so. We seemed to go one at a time in things that produced and ripened. Which is why I said "most" of my garden. Our one tomatillo plant is now out of control!
Lots of salsa verde and chili verde will be warming us up when they ripen. We still have a lot of jalapenos, too (maybe only two plants of those next year, not six!).
I did harvest the basil - pesto making tonight!, watermelon, and our ONE - yes, one carrot (after planting a whole section of seeds).
I was debating whether to plant fall vegetables, but decided not to - this year. I'm sure I've said before, I learned a lot with my garden this year. This year was great, next year will be even better!
With our longer warmer weather, I was hoping to be harvesting well into October.
We had a weird kind of garden this year - at least I thought so. We seemed to go one at a time in things that produced and ripened. Which is why I said "most" of my garden. Our one tomatillo plant is now out of control!
Lots of salsa verde and chili verde will be warming us up when they ripen. We still have a lot of jalapenos, too (maybe only two plants of those next year, not six!).I did harvest the basil - pesto making tonight!, watermelon, and our ONE - yes, one carrot (after planting a whole section of seeds).
I was debating whether to plant fall vegetables, but decided not to - this year. I'm sure I've said before, I learned a lot with my garden this year. This year was great, next year will be even better!
No comments:
Post a Comment