If you haven't been watching the news, Atlanta - and the surrounding area (including were we are) - has had rain for the last week!
We are grateful for the moisture, but, of course, wish we could be more specific in how much over what period of time.
Our river has flooded - and to think that just a few weeks ago we were swimming with friends in VERY shallow waters!
(see post "First Fridays," 9/9)
This is about half way into our woods - the water in this lower lying area is a foot deep. I waded through it to take pictures of the river . . .
I couldn't even get to the end of the path by the river's edge. The two trees, making the V, are on the bank of the river.
The trees in the middle of the water are on the island.
It flooded this much when we had all the rain and then snow last March. But the river had started out at a higher level then.
The sun is shining now, but we are suppose to have rain throughout the rest of the week. I think the drought might be over after this.
We are grateful for the moisture, but, of course, wish we could be more specific in how much over what period of time.
Our river has flooded - and to think that just a few weeks ago we were swimming with friends in VERY shallow waters!
(see post "First Fridays," 9/9)
This is about half way into our woods - the water in this lower lying area is a foot deep. I waded through it to take pictures of the river . . .
I couldn't even get to the end of the path by the river's edge. The two trees, making the V, are on the bank of the river.
The trees in the middle of the water are on the island.
It flooded this much when we had all the rain and then snow last March. But the river had started out at a higher level then.The sun is shining now, but we are suppose to have rain throughout the rest of the week. I think the drought might be over after this.
1 comment:
I was going to ask you about the river. I figured it was getting pretty high. That's just crazy!
Post a Comment