Monday was my birthday!
We have created a tradition of making a "birthday poster." Natalie made this one for me including the paper flowers. She also taped up all my cards around it.
It was a great way to start out my birthday.
My mom and brother, Thomas, were driving out from Missouri and would be here for my birthday dinner. It was a quick trip for them to bring out my grandma's piano.
My mom was quite the traveler this past weekend. First flying with my dad to Washington state for my nephew's baptism, then immediately after driving out here with my brother. She was on both coasts within 48 hours of each other!
I'm glad they made the trip, of course to bring me the piano, but it also worked out nice for them to be here for my birthday.
The piano is already being well used - Natalie plays when she needs a break from homework. Alyssa practices her chorus music. Jake likes tinkering around and Logan likes me to sit with him and play notes and say their letters. I can now get back to working on my feeble piano skills and hopefully we'll get Robert playing (don't tell anyone, but he is really the piano player in the family).
I couldn't decide on a birthday cake, so I made a fresh blueberry pie instead.
(the sign behind me is the "welcome" sign Natalie made for Thomas and Grandma)
I also got a great surprise visit that night from Rachel, Joey and Avery, who brought over a yummy treat and a balloon. My visiting teachers had stopped by earlier with brownies and a beautifully embroidered handkerchief. Thanks Emily and Katie - you're the best.
Not thinking I would get anything (Robert had made the headboard for my anniversary/birthday/Christmas gift), Natalie had me close my eyes and brought me into the kitchen where I got a nightstand Robert made me!
To match the headboard!
It is beautiful!
And now my alarm clock is in a good reaching distance - I don't have to half fall off the bed to grab it, were it use to be, on a file box on the floor. I have noticed my alarm sounds a lot louder, though, so much closer to my ear.
He used the spalted sycamore for the top, hundred year old banister railings for the legs (like he did for my calendar board - see "Calendar Board" post 12/26/08) and walnut in between the legs under the table top.
With phone calls from friends and family, and going out to lunch, and visits, and yummy treats, and family -
I had a wonderful day!
We have created a tradition of making a "birthday poster." Natalie made this one for me including the paper flowers. She also taped up all my cards around it.
It was a great way to start out my birthday.My mom and brother, Thomas, were driving out from Missouri and would be here for my birthday dinner. It was a quick trip for them to bring out my grandma's piano.
My mom was quite the traveler this past weekend. First flying with my dad to Washington state for my nephew's baptism, then immediately after driving out here with my brother. She was on both coasts within 48 hours of each other!I'm glad they made the trip, of course to bring me the piano, but it also worked out nice for them to be here for my birthday.
The piano is already being well used - Natalie plays when she needs a break from homework. Alyssa practices her chorus music. Jake likes tinkering around and Logan likes me to sit with him and play notes and say their letters. I can now get back to working on my feeble piano skills and hopefully we'll get Robert playing (don't tell anyone, but he is really the piano player in the family).
I couldn't decide on a birthday cake, so I made a fresh blueberry pie instead.
(the sign behind me is the "welcome" sign Natalie made for Thomas and Grandma)
I also got a great surprise visit that night from Rachel, Joey and Avery, who brought over a yummy treat and a balloon. My visiting teachers had stopped by earlier with brownies and a beautifully embroidered handkerchief. Thanks Emily and Katie - you're the best.Not thinking I would get anything (Robert had made the headboard for my anniversary/birthday/Christmas gift), Natalie had me close my eyes and brought me into the kitchen where I got a nightstand Robert made me!
To match the headboard!
It is beautiful!And now my alarm clock is in a good reaching distance - I don't have to half fall off the bed to grab it, were it use to be, on a file box on the floor. I have noticed my alarm sounds a lot louder, though, so much closer to my ear.
He used the spalted sycamore for the top, hundred year old banister railings for the legs (like he did for my calendar board - see "Calendar Board" post 12/26/08) and walnut in between the legs under the table top.
With phone calls from friends and family, and going out to lunch, and visits, and yummy treats, and family -
I had a wonderful day!
2 comments:
What a Great Birthday!!! You DESERVE IT!!!!
The headboard does look beautiful, and the matching nightstand :) Sorry I didn't call, it was kinda crazy, but Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment