Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Private Concert

Last Saturday I got to join Robert in a "perk" at work. He volunteered us to usher at the big Georgia Poultry Federation's annual Night of Knights in Atlanta. A dinner and concert. In concert . . . Joe Diffie!
Robert told me I wouldn't need my camera - HELLO, we were 50 feet from the stage! and we could have been closer, but were we where was great. I guess that's what you get when it's a concert for ~2,500 people. We had a great dinner, stood around looking like we knew what we were doing, then got to watch a concert. Even if you aren't the biggest country music lover, it was really cool!

There is a story behind Joe Diffie having a warm place in our hearts: When Robert and I got married, I did not like country music. He would listen to it in the car and I would just tune it out. Robert also never gave me a straight answer about children - when to have them or how many. We were in the car one time and he said "how about if we named our first son William Robert?" I was very excited he was talking about kids and wanted our first one to have his name as a middle name. I said that I really liked that name, to which he responded, "then we can call him Billy Bob!" At that moment my ears tuned into the country music song on the radio . . . . "John Deere Green" by Joe Diffie! The chorus, for those who might not be familiar with it:
"In John Deere green
On a hot summer night
He wrote Billy Bob loves Charlene
In letters 3ft high
And the whole town siad that he should have used red
But it looked good to Charlene
In John Deere green"

So, no pictures, but we had a great evening and I told Robert we need to usher ever year.

No comments: