With all due respect to Robert's and my alma mater - we love BYU dearly - we made the bonus room, that's off the girls room,
into the DAWG house.
into the DAWG house.
And let's face it - it's good to root for the home team and UGA is signing the checks. It's also nice that their athletics aren't too shabby either.
Yes, it is big and red! And Uga (UGA's bulldog mascot) has walked all over the wall.I was very excited and nervous while it was in process.
Now that I'm done, I love it - and so do the girls!
The black cabinet had been in the bedroom, but we moved it in here to use as their closet. It matches perfectly.
I'll put some sort of flat surface, even if it's only poster board for now, on the shelf so they can put their books there. And, I've moved the desk into the corner above.
I still have Natalie's bulletin board to cover with fabric and ribbon to match and then it will go up on the wall.
I had the room painted months ago, but it took me a while to get the vinyl lettering ordered. I was very nervous putting it up, but now . . . I LOVE vinyl lettering! Not that I'm a big words on the wall person, but it was perfect for here.Natalie thinks we now need to get a huge stuffed Uga for the room. We will slowly add things and paraphernalia.
It is definitely a room of it's own, especially stepping in from the girls room (the door to the bedroom is closed in the picture of that angle for good reasons) - see "Brown No Longer" post 8/11/09.
I'm excited it is finally done! and that it turned out great.
2 comments:
I agree with the girls. You need a gigantic stuffed Uga in that room! I love it. I told Greg that as soon as we buy a house of our own I am going to decorate the bathroom with an Uga Them. I think perhaps a little room like yours looks better!
What a great idea! Of course, I would have gone with a VOLS or BYU, but the DAWGS are pretty awesome too. Great design!
Post a Comment