Friday, April 30, 2010

Shh . . . don't tell

While the other kids were at school, Logan and I went to pick strawberries.
There is a place here that grows berries, strawberries being the first to ripen.
They are BIG and juicy and sweet! Last year, with our big snow in March, the strawberries weren't as good or as plentiful - good, but not their normal good.
This year they are back to being BIG and juicy and sweet! and there were a lot. I picked a whole bucket without moving more than 2 feet down the row.
Although the kids were mad when they found out Logan and picked without them, they got to enjoy the "fruit" of our labor.
Sure we have our own strawberries growing, but it's always fun to pick bucket fulls.
We'll be going back again.

2 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Oh my goodness I am dying to be done with finals so I can go pick strawberries now!!!!

Amy said...

Oh, I am jealous!! Eat several handfuls and make a pie for us. I loved you busy and fun post, too. Good work on the yard. That path looks great!