Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Very Merry Un-Birthday

With Robert heading out of town this week and missing Natalie's actually birthday, we celebrated early and had her un-birthday with all the trimmings.
She picked a roast for her birthday dinner.I can't tell you how many times the phrase: "a roast! a roast! What's so scary about a delicious roast?" (some Scooby-Doo movie line) was said in our house whenever someone asked what was for dinner.
There was marble cake with pink fluffy frosting. Natalie is all about pink!
This past week we were driving and discussing her birthday dinner plans and she asked if she could have a number 10 instead of 10 candles on her cake. I said, "sure, but I'd think you'd want an 11!"
We had a good laugh. I forgot to pick up the number 11 (it didn't get on my list), but she was ok with the 11 pink candles to blow out.
And gifts. She was very excited for her two books: Dragonology and You're Gonna Make it Through Junior High (she's been a bit nervous about next year). And she LOVED (see picture below) getting her own Lego set - the boys don't often let her have free reign to build with them.
Of course Logan had a hard time with her wanting to assemble the set and play with it herself for a while. She let him have some time with it the next day - that was a long wait.
We'll plan a little fun on her actual birthday and bring in treats to school, but she had a very nice un-birthday celebration. To make the day even better she reached a personal goal that earned her an art set and she scored 2 of the 4 goals in her soccer game helping her team win 4-0!

1 comment:

joel said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! I can't believe you're 11 already and looking so grown up. We hope you had an amazing day even if it was on your "un-birthday." Your cake was beautiful- I love pink too :) I also love the fact that you received legos. On my 11th b-day all I wanted was a model car kit because my brothers never let me help them with theirs and I wanted one of my own! We love you so much! Love, Aunt Shannon (and Uncle Joel, Seth, Adam and Morgan)