I didn't have Alyssa go to school on her birthday, yesterday.
OK, so everyone in the district got school off on Alyssa's birthday - yea, election day!
People vote at some of the school buildings, so the district makes election day a student holiday and inservice day for the teachers.
So, Alyssa got to sleep in and pick her birthday breakfast of French breakfast puffs and scrambled eggs. We opened gifts at breakfast before Robert went to work.
OK, so everyone in the district got school off on Alyssa's birthday - yea, election day!
People vote at some of the school buildings, so the district makes election day a student holiday and inservice day for the teachers.
So, Alyssa got to sleep in and pick her birthday breakfast of French breakfast puffs and scrambled eggs. We opened gifts at breakfast before Robert went to work.
I got a babysitter for the kids and took Alyssa shopping and out to lunch. After playing the rest of the afternoon we had a birthday dinner of Robert's pizza (the crust was made two days in advance this time and really good!) and cream soda. We sang Happy Birthday and had white chocolate curl cake and ice cream (the curls didn't really work, but still tasted good).
3 comments:
Okay, I think I may need this pizza dough recipe. Do you share?
I'll email it to you. :)
Happy B-day Alyssa! It's such a trip to see her with the same cute little face we remember--but just so much more grown up!
Post a Comment