Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An Early Feast

Last Friday, the elementary school had their Thanksgiving Feast. It is a big to do, and family can come eat with their students. The school has gotten down feeding every class, plus multiple family members per almost every child, down to an art. Logan and I checked in and then went down to Jake's classroom to wait for our turn through the line.
Jake had made an Indian costume to wear at the feast. The teacher had each student come up with a name that matched the child's initials. What do you do with a JB? After many days of thinking, we came up with Javelin Bearer. Sure we had to explain to Jake what a "javelin" was and what a "bearer" did, but once he knew what it was he thought he had a cool name.

It was finally time to go (we had only been there a few minutes). Logan loved seeing Jake at school and I thought it was so sweet that Jake took his hand when we walked to the cafeteria.

It was quite a FEAST! Out of the green beans, roll, mashed sweet potatoes (I thought those were really good), stuffing topped with turkey and gravy, roll and cake . . . Jake liked the cake!


It worked out that Natalie's class' feasting time overlapped with Jake's feasting time, so we saved her a seat and I got to eat with both of them. I didn't get a picture of her enjoying her feast, but she got this picture of Logan and I enjoying our time at the feast.
When Jake's class went back to class Logan cried. Three more years buddy and you'll be enjoying your own feast!


1 comment:

Gary and Marjo said...

Jake. Great name! Your costume is very "cool" and I loved seeing the pictures of you and Logan. I love you!!!!!