I just got back from running errands. When Logan started fussing at the first stop, I knew it wouldn't be the best run of errands - but, I've dealt with that before.
At our third quick stop, we were at Hobby Lobby picking up some supplies for Alyssa's school project. We were in line, behind a lady who had a price check issue, and Logan had seen something and wanted to go there. While I tried to calm his fussiness and hold his hands to keep him from hitting me, I had a rare experience. The lady in front of me was apologetic for the wait and the couple behind me was so nice and sympathetic and giving me words of encouragement that I just could not keep it together and tears dripped out.
Sure, make me cry by being so nice to a mother trying to calm and comfort her fussy child in a line at a store. I'm so use to people glaring and making huffing noises under their breath that I didn't know how to handle the kindness shown to me today. Thank you.
5 comments:
ah, I love this. Cry away!
That is a great story. It makes you have faith in humanity. By the way I read a great book, "The Book Thief". Also, last night someone said they saw gas at $1.98.
I love it when people that don't know you are simply nice to you. When Caleb was about 3yrs. old we were in the backyard and a small plane flew overhead. We waved and jumped and pointed, etc. The pilot must have seen us because he circled our house a second time. I love nice people :)
Oh, I'm glad you were shown empathy instead of rudeness!
That's southern hospitality!
Post a Comment