An acronym for Low Country Boil (L.C.B.) because I don't want to write the whole thing out all every time -
We hosted a High Priest Group (a men's group at church) family activity at our house a couple Saturdays ago - an L.C.B. There was even some confusion among the invitees about what a L.C.B was, so let me explain (if I can explain it correctly): you take a bit pot and boil some water and throw in some seasoning and potatoes and sausage and let it cook, then you throw in some corn and then some shrimp . . . .
We hosted a High Priest Group (a men's group at church) family activity at our house a couple Saturdays ago - an L.C.B. There was even some confusion among the invitees about what a L.C.B was, so let me explain (if I can explain it correctly): you take a bit pot and boil some water and throw in some seasoning and potatoes and sausage and let it cook, then you throw in some corn and then some shrimp . . . .
(ok, the above picture is completely staged, but I wanted to show that it was a High Priest Group sponsored activity and the men really did it all!)Alyssa doesn't like even the smell of shrimp!
I ruined the authenticity by laying down paper towel on the newspaper before the food got dumped out, and yes the potatoes ended up sticking a bit to it at the end . . . but the food was great!, the company wonderful! and all had a good time. I think they should make this the yearly High Priest Group family activity and we can work on getting bigger turnouts. And maybe I'll go wild and not lay paper towel down on the newspaper the next time we have an L.C.B.!


No comments:
Post a Comment