Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

On a beautiful, mild November day, we spent our Thanksgiving at our friend's house along with other friends and family.
The tables were beautifully decorated and the food was wonderful. I was thankful I only had to make rolls and I left my house with all my dishes done and the house relatively clean.
My favorite Thanksgiving food is the stuffing - you can never have too much. The stuffing was the best I had ever tasted!
With a counter full of pies, and the non-traditional baklava (I made and brought that, as it is a favorite of our hostess) to polish off the meal, everyone was sated.
Our friends have kids the same ages as all of ours and there were more kids besides that. Before and after eating the kids were playing and having fun and between a toy room upstairs and a fenced in back yard with a play house and trampoline, we hardly saw them. So, we spent our (the adults) time chatting and watching football and chatting some more.

We did start the pre-Thanksgiving feast with Logan hitting his chin on the stairs going into the house. We were glad we have a doctor friend close by, who had dermabond, and we didn't have to spend our Thanksgiving in the emergency room! Robert said all boys need a scar on their chin, Logan just got his young. Then, pretty much, all the guys present showed the scars on their chins!
After a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, we went home and built our first fire of the season!


No comments: