Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Benches

Along with working hard at lab (writing grants, teaching, training students, etc.) and spending time with the family, Robert enjoys taking time to make benches, tables and other wood items with his friend and colleague, Larry.
He has made some really beautiful benches - I love each one.
Here is one of the tables he has made.

He also made some cheese boards this year. Last year he made hand mirrors that were really cool.
(look at "Twas the week after Christmas" post Dec. 2007 - it also has pictures of the wood gifts he made the kids)


The big OCAF (Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation) Holiday Market is coming up this weekend and we'll see if others think his work is just as amazing as I do.

1 comment:

Gary and Marjo said...

Your tables and benches are beautiful. And the cheese boards are a very interesting design. I loved the pictures you sent us on our e-mail. The table (the one I can't afford) is absolutely beautiful.