Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Weekend of the Cat

After rescuing the kitten from the tree (see "To The Rescue" post), we kept the kitten over the weekend until animal control opened on Monday. The kids were in kitten heaven. It was a very sweet kitten - only hissing when Izzy came around. Understandably.

It was a good thing it got picked up Monday, Logan was becoming a bit too comfortable with it.



Robert mentioned that it should sleep with Jake and he was all too willing. I wouldn't let him, but he fell asleep on the beanbag with the kitten that night.

(If you look in the window you can see Izzy checking out the intruder!)
Izzy was kicked out of the house for most of the weekend. She did not appreciate a feline taking over her domain. After the kitten was picked up and we let Izzy in, she rushed around sniffing for a good 20 minutes before she was convince the kitten was really gone and finally settled down.

I just tried to ignore the kitten and let the kids play with it and take care of it. Ignoring didn't work as it nestled up next to me for a nap.

While it was here it had many names (everyone had their own names for it and we didn't need to decide on anything since it wasn't staying) - Alyssa: Dustfur - Natalie: Clover (because it was lucky) and some others given by Natalie's friends.
The guy at animal control who picked it up said that it was so cute and sweet it would be easy to place. I also sent him back with a plate of goodies - this was his second trip to our house, he was the one that had picked up the three dogs that visited us the week before.
There are no pictures of Alyssa with the kitten, because she was taking all the pictures. She was definitely the one who was continually concerned that it was ok.
All the kids were sad to say goodbye to the kitten. Jake now wants to ask Santa for a cat. When I said no, he said "no, I'm asking SANTA." There won't be a cat under the tree, at least not under OUR Christmas tree.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhh, your Facebook status makes sense now that I'm reading this post! Poor Izzy, kicked out of her domain! I bet she's one happy camper and I bet your kids miss the kitten. What gems you are to take in the kitty until animal control could pick it up. Have a wonderful and blessed christmas! God bless.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh! you should have kept kitty! Merry Christmas!

Coach said...

I love the picture of Izzy looking in the window...classic!!

Love,
A.