Friday, December 12, 2008

Too much information!

I'll be talking about Logan poopin' - you've been warned. So stop reading if you don't want to hear anymore.

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

So, I haven't really been too excited about potty training Logan. He is my last, no need to get him out of diapers before another child is born, and - honestly - he isn't articulate enough in his vocabulary yet to tell me when he needs to go. Whenever I have put him on the throne, he immediately tells me he is "done" - that is said with articulation!
Yet, earlier this week at my friend's house he starts grunting (we think there is something in the air at their house because Logan has at least ONE messy diaper every time we are there). He then goes into their bathroom and puts their step stool by the toilet. (He really likes their step stool) I asked him if he wanted to sit on the toilet and he said yes. I helped him on and he let out some #2 and, as a side effect of grunting, some #1 as well.
Cheers all around, high fives and french fries as a reward!
Sure it might be a one time deal, seeing as it hasn't happened again the rest of the week, but a beginning and he wanted to do it - no prodding from me.
Wouldn't it be great if he trained himself? I know some of you out there have had children potty train themselves. I have yet to be that lucky - and have one last chance!

No comments: