
My boys have made me laugh lately, and here's why:
JAKE
JAKE: Pointing to a box, "Natalie, does this number say one thousand two hundred fifty-two."
NATALIE: "Yes, Jake it does."
ME: "Wow, Jake that is great!" (I didn't know he could name numbers in the hundreds let alone the thousands!)
NATALIE: "I taught him the thousands place because he wanted to know what his score on the computer games was."
story 2-
JAKE:"Don't worry, I'm a professional at toast!"
Jake has become very excited that he can make toast all by himself. He offered to make Natalie toast and said the above comment when she tried to give him some pointers.
LOGAN
Logan has moved on from watching "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" to liking "Cars" and "Winnie the Pooh". However, he DOES NOT like the "tractor tipping" scene in CARS. He will put his hands over his ears and run out of the room. He starts getting nervous the scene before and we try to quickly skip over the tractor tipping part.
He loves "Winnie the Pooh" - good thing I have a few of those movies - some variety. He likes best "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". He gets very nervous, though, when Pooh dreams of the heffalumps and woozles. I noticed he had a very serious, upset look on his face when one heffalump's trunk turns into a pop gun and shoots Pooh. The next day, while we were in the car, I mentioned this to Robert and turned to Logan and started singing the "Heffalumps and Woozles" song. Logan's face turned pitifully sad and he almost started crying! . . . We now skip that scene as well.
He loves "Winnie the Pooh" - good thing I have a few of those movies - some variety. He likes best "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". He gets very nervous, though, when Pooh dreams of the heffalumps and woozles. I noticed he had a very serious, upset look on his face when one heffalump's trunk turns into a pop gun and shoots Pooh. The next day, while we were in the car, I mentioned this to Robert and turned to Logan and started singing the "Heffalumps and Woozles" song. Logan's face turned pitifully sad and he almost started crying! . . . We now skip that scene as well.
3 comments:
It's so nice to see your kiddos growing up and doing funny things. The Christmas letters just don't have enough space to let you know what a family does in a year. And don't think I always post everyday, it was just something for December (read the Dec 1st post). Usually I'm a 2-3 time a week person, sometimes less. Merry Christmas to you, and here's to more keeping in touch!
Your kids are sooo funny! Hey, it's your cousin Jeni. Lara clued me in that you have a blog and so do I! I love blogging. If you don't mind, I'll be back! It's wonderful having family members who also like to blog cuz my side of the family does NOT! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
We have the cutest cousins! Are you guys ready for Santa Clause? We miss you lots and have a Merry Christmas! We love you!
Post a Comment