Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Parade 2008

Today was the Christmas Parade down Main Street in Watkinsville. It has been really chilly lately, but the parade started with the sun shining - which kept the temperature more mild.
I love parades in Watkinsville! We get there early enough to get seats right on the road (which isn't having to get there REALLY early). And the road is only three lanes! (the middle being a turn lane), so you are RIGHT there with the parade people, cars, floats, etc. And in easy reach of the people tossing candy (good thing, we are almost out of our Halloween stash).

We love the music, floats, vehicles (I thought the chicken VW was great) . . .

. . . the boys favorite - tractors . . .

. . . Natalie's favorite, horses! (also a favorite for Logan - ALL his favorites are in the parade) . . .

. . . fire engines and more. The parade always ends with Santa on the fire engine throwing out candy!

Robert went early - OCAF started today (see "Benches" post 12/2) and is held in downtown Watkinsville as well. He met us at the parade and then headed back. All his cheese boards have sold already!!
You can tell that it clouded up near the end of the parade and Jake put his jacket back on, but a great time.
I hope you all enjoy this wonderful holiday season!

2 comments:

RitzFamilyHappenings said...

Sorry we missed it this year...that's GREAT about Robert's cheese boards. I'm sure he was excited!

Catherine Hess said...

looks like fun! I can't believe how big all your kids are getting! you all look so cute. Are you coming out to UT for Christine's wedding?