Yesterday a little kitten showed up in our back yard. After Izzy chased it up a little tree (it got back down) the kids took it around the neighborhood to see if anyone had lost a kitten.
No one claimed it.
The kids just left it at the side of the yard where they had first seen it. (Izzy has an electric perimeter fence and collar so she doesn't go outside that area and they put the kitten out of Izzy's range)
This morning Alyssa was outside and heard a strange noise. She looked up and saw this . . .
No one claimed it.
The kids just left it at the side of the yard where they had first seen it. (Izzy has an electric perimeter fence and collar so she doesn't go outside that area and they put the kitten out of Izzy's range)
This morning Alyssa was outside and heard a strange noise. She looked up and saw this . . .
After much anxiety (on the kids part), wondering if the cat would be ok, and trying to coax it down - to no avail, I made a phone call to Animal Control. The office was closed until Monday. Natalie's friend Savannah was coming over and I thought I should ask her dad what he thinks - he is a fireman. He said, just leave it there and it will come down. . . . More anxiety (the kids again) . . . So, he went home and brought back his BIG ladder - it was really high up in the tree.And . . . .


The cat was rescued!!
It is staying on our screened in porch and in the empty chicken coop until Monday when Animal Control is open.The funny thing is, is that I called them last week because of three big dogs that decided to hang out at our house one afternoon and all night and sun themselves in the driveway the next day! Do we have a sign that says "Safe Haven" for any tagless animal?
Sorry if I sound a little less than feeling in this story . . . I DON'T want a cat!
No comments:
Post a Comment