COLHAM FERRY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRESENTS:
The elementary school play this year was a sampling of School House Rock! songs as a teacher (played by the music teacher) gets ready for his first day of teaching.Both Jake and Natalie tried out. The teachers involved in putting this together, and students, did a fabulous job.
After months of rehearsals, the play ran for two nights (this past Monday and Tuesday).
Jake and Natalie were in "Elbow Room" together. This made practice schedule and after practice pick-up much easier! They had so much fun and learned all the words and actions for the performance.
Robert and Alyssa went Monday night and Logan and I went Tuesday night. The only unfortunate part of the production was that "Elbow Room" was near the end and Logan, even though he loves music, only lasted through the first few songs before we wondered around the darker side of the cafeteria - at least we could still be in the same room.When "Elbow Room" started I went back to the seats (we were in the front row) and took my pictures (video was not allowed due to copy write laws). Then I convinced Logan to sit with me long enough to hear the rest of the song. He did well during the performance, but was ready to be unconfined.
SIDE NOTE: Robert and Alyssa went to the show on Monday because Alyssa had her winter chorus concert on Tuesday. She tried out for and got a solo for one of the songs. Robert was out of town for the last performance, so he went to this one. I had the camera, so Robert couldn't take any pictures of Alyssa. He said she did great and Alyssa said she felt really good during her solo - no nervous shaking! I told her she will just have to try out and get another solo so I can hear her next time!
2 comments:
Wow! Natalie and Jake are star performers and Alyssa is an artist. I guess we have to give Logan credit for his creativity on the potty. What a talented family. Way to go!!!!!
Very fun! Our school was also doing a musical, but Zach and Josh wouldn't try out. Stage fright is what Zach said. Good for your kids!
Also, I need your Georgia address for a Christmas card. If you would email me your info at tawinward@juno.com that would be great!
Post a Comment